To provide a comprehensive and consolidated view of your content targeting and make content targeting management and optimization simpler, you’ll see the following improvements in Google Ads:
All types of content targeting can now be found under “Content” in the side navigation:
- "Topics", "Placements", "Display/Video keywords", and "Exclusions" for all types of content targeting are now categorized under the "Content" tab in the side navigation menu. For "Exclusions", click the drop-down arrow to the right of the term "Exclusions" to select exclusions for topics, placements or Display/Video keywords.
Soon, you’ll see further improvements:
- "Topics", "Placements", "Display/Video keywords" will be consolidated into a single "Content" page and report. Exclusions will also be consolidated into a single report in the same page ("Content").
- Your ads will target any of your selected content in your ad group. For example, if you targeted “bikes” as a topic and “cycling” as a Display/Video keyword, your ads will show on content that matches either.
Until your account is migrated, we recommend that you only use one content targeting method (topics, placements, OR Display/Video keywords) per ad group. Before the upcoming changes, combining methods can limit campaign performance.
Locations on YouTube and the Display Network where your ad can appear. For example, relevant websites and apps that partner with Google to show ads.
- A placement can refer to several things, such as an entire website, specific pages from a website, an individual ad unit positioned on a single page, a video, a mobile phone app, and more.
- You can choose specific locations by adding placement targeting. You can also let Google choose relevant automatic placements for you based on your keywords or other targeting methods.