Placements are locations where your ads can appear on YouTube or the Google Display Network. A placement can be a website or a specific page on a site, a mobile app, video content, or even an individual ad unit. With placement targeting, you can add placements to ad groups in your Video and Display campaigns.
- Show your ads only on specific placements you choose: If you want to run ads on YouTube and the Display Network but only on placements you’ve hand-picked, you can do so with placement targeting. For example, if you sell travel packages and want your ads to appear on a particular website or a specific page about travel, add it as a placement.
- Show your ads on placements where your customers spend time: If you know of a website that your customers visit, consider adding it as a placement. For example, if your typical customer spends a lot of time on example.com and you want your ads to appear there, add the website as a placement.
- Get more (or less) traffic from placements by setting individual placement bids: If you find that advertising on a specific site works well, you may decide to increase your bid for just that one site to be more competitive and increase your potential exposure on that site. However, you may want to reduce your bid for another placement that may not provide as many conversions.
How it works
- A placement has to be part of YouTube or the Display Network for your ads to show there.
- If a specific website you target has an equivalent app, your ads can also show there.
- You can only add placements to ad groups running on YouTube and the Display Network.
- As with all Google Ads advertising, you'll compete with other advertisers to show your ads on placements you select.
- If you choose popular sites or videos and are just getting started with advertising on YouTube or the Display Network, you may need higher bids to get impressions. You can always adjust your bids later.