To provide a comprehensive and consolidated view of your Audiences and make audience management and optimisation simpler, you’ll see the following improvements in Google Ads:
- New audience reporting
Detailed reporting about audience demographics, segments and exclusions is now consolidated in one place, the 'Audiences' tab within the left-hand page navigation menu. You can also easily manage your Audiences from this report page. Learn more About Audiences reporting
- New terms
We’re using new terms on your audience report and throughout Google Ads. For example, 'audience types' (these include Similar, custom, in-market and affinity) are now referred to as audience segments and 'remarketing' is now referred to as 'your data'. Learn more about the new updates to audience terms and phrases
Display campaigns that use your data are used to show ads to people who have visited your website or used your app. These campaigns provide you with extra settings and reports specifically for reaching previous visitors and users. The first time you set up a display campaign, you'll also complete the process to create your tag and data segments.
This article explains how to set up your first display campaign using your data.
Before you begin
Bear in mind that your tag shouldn't be associated with any personally identifiable or sensitive information. Sensitive categories of websites and apps can't use your data. If you're setting up a campaign using your data and placing the tag on your website or mobile app, you need to follow the policy for personalised advertising.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click Campaigns from the page menu.
- Click the plus button to create a new campaign.
- Choose your campaign goal among the options for 'Goals'.
- Select Display as the campaign type.
- Name your campaign and specify locations, languages, bidding and budget.
- Your selections in the 'Targeting' section are where dynamic remarketing is configured.
- For optimal targeting, select 'Automated' so Google’s machine learning can help you target with the greatest reach. This includes segments comprised of your data.
- If you want to target specific audiences only, set targeting to 'Manual' to choose audience groups in the 'Audience segments' module. The tracking from your global site tag helps Google identify the best audience segments for you to choose from. Once you’ve manually selected a list from the options, click Done. You’ll also be able to add more targeting options and can incorporate “Targeting expansion”, which lets Google target the highest performing audience segments for your ads.
- Then create your display ads. Learn how to create your responsive display ads
- Click Create campaign.