Create your first display remarketing campaign
Remarketing campaigns are used to show ads to people who have visited your website or used your app. These campaigns provide you with extra settings and reports specifically for reaching previous visitors and users. The first time you set up a remarketing campaign, you'll also complete the process to create your remarketing tag and lists.
This article explains how to set up your first display remarketing campaign.
Before you begin
Bear in mind that your remarketing tag shouldn't be associated with any personally identifiable or sensitive information. Sensitive categories of websites and apps can't use remarketing. If you're setting up a remarketing campaign and placing the remarketing tag on your website or mobile app, you need to follow the Policy for Personalized advertising.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click Campaigns from the page menu.
- Click the plus button to create a new campaign.
- In the “Goals” section, choose the desired result of your campaign.
- From the “Campaign type” section, select Display Network.
- Next, you’ll set parameters for your campaign, including:
- Campaign name
- Location and language settings
- Bid strategy and budget
- Click Additional settings for more options, like ad scheduling, content exclusions or device targeting.
- Next, look for “Audiences” in the “People” section.
- Click Remarketing.
- Click the checkbox next to the audiences that you'd like to add. This will add them to your targeting.
- Click Save.