Remarketing campaigns are used to show ads to people who have visited your website or used your app. These campaigns provide you with extra settings and reports specifically for reaching previous visitors and users. The first time you set up a remarketing campaign, you'll also complete the process to create your remarketing tag and lists.
This article explains how to set up your first display remarketing campaign.
Before you begin
Keep in mind that your remarketing tag shouldn't be associated with any personally identifiable or sensitive information. Sensitive categories of websites and apps can't use remarketing. If you're setting up a remarketing campaign and placing the remarketing tag on your website or mobile app, you need to follow the Policy for Personalized advertising.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click Campaigns from the page menu.
- Click the plus buttonto create a new campaign.
- Choose your campaign goal among the options for “Goals”.
- Select Display as the campaign type.
- Name your campaign and specify locations, languages, bidding, and budget.
- Your selections in the “Targeting” section is where dynamic remarketing comes in. For optimal targeting, select “Automated” so that Google’s machine learning can help you target with the greatest reach. This includes segments comprised of your data. If you want to target specific audiences only, set targeting to “Manual” to choose audience groups in the “Audience segments” module. The tracking from your global site tag helps Google identify the best audience segments for you to choose from. Once you’ve manually selected a list from the options, click Done. You’ll also be able to add more targeting options and can incorporate “Targeting expansion,” which lets Google target the highest performing audience segments for your ads.
- Then create your Display ads. Learn how to create your responsive Display ads
- Click Create campaign