Display remarketing campaigns are Display campaigns that use remarketing to connect with people who previously interacted with your website or mobile app. To include remarketing in your Display campaign, you’ll use the global site tag as well as attach your campaign to remarketing audience lists.
This article explains how to set up your first display remarketing campaign.
Before you begin
Use of the global site tag is a key and necessary part of remarketing, as including the global site tag on your web or app pages provide the data for more fine tuned targeting. Learn how to tag your website for remarketing or for even more tailored ads, how to tag your website for dynamic remarketing or if you’re remarketing with an app, check out the dynamic remarketing setup guide for apps.
Keep in mind that your remarketing tag shouldn't be associated with any personally identifiable or sensitive information. Sensitive categories of websites and apps can't use remarketing. If you're setting up a remarketing campaign and placing the remarketing tag on your website or mobile app, you need to follow the Policy for Personalised advertising.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click Campaigns from the page menu.
- Click the plus button to create a new campaign.
- In the “Goals” section, choose the desired result of your campaign.
- From the “Campaign type” section, select Display Network.
- Next, you’ll set parameters for your campaign, including:
- Campaign name
- Location and language settings
- Bid strategy and budget
- Click Additional settings for more options, like ad scheduling, content exclusions or device targeting.
- Next, look for “Audiences” in the “People” section.
- Click Remarketing.
- Click the checkbox next to the audiences that you'd like to add. This will add them to your targeting.
- Click Save.