Enhanced CPC (ECPC): Definition
A bid strategy that adjusts your cost-per-click (CPC) to help maximize conversions or conversion value. ECPC combines manual bidding with a Smart Bidding strategy, like Target CPA or Target ROAS. This strategy raises your manual bids in situations that seem more likely to lead to a sale or other conversion on your website, and lowers your bid for situations that seem less likely to lead to a conversion. You can also test ECPC along with third-party bidding systems to give you a limited degree of Smart Bidding.
When you set ECPC to optimize for conversions:
- ECPC adjusts your bid each time your ad is eligible to appear, based on how likely that click is to lead to a conversion.
- ECPC can help you get more conversions while maintaining or reducing your cost per conversion.
- ECPC works slightly differently for Shopping campaigns. Learn how to Set up ECPC for Shopping campaigns.
When you set ECPC to optimize for conversion value:
- ECPC adjusts your bid each time you ad is eligible to appear based on how likely that click lead is to lead to a conversion and its relative conversion value. Learn more About conversion values
- ECPC can help you get more high-value conversions while maintaining or reducing your cost per conversion.
- ECPC for conversion value is only available for Search campaigns.