For subtitles in your language, turn on YouTube captions. Select the settings icon at the bottom of the video player, then select "Subtitles/CC" and choose your language.
Performance Max is a new goal-based campaign type that allows performance advertisers to access all of their Google Ads inventory from a single campaign. It's designed to complement your keyword-based Search campaigns to help you find more converting customers across all of Google's channels like YouTube, Display, Search, Discover, Gmail, and Maps.
Performance Max helps you drive performance based on your specified conversion goals, delivering more conversions and value by optimizing performance in real-time and across channels using Smart Bidding. Performance Max combines Google AI technologies across bidding, budget optimization, audiences, creatives, attribution, and more. They're all empowered by your specific advertising objective, for example, if you have a CPA or ROAS target, and the creative assets, audience signals, and optional data feeds you provide.
On this page
Find more converting customers
- You customize the goals that matter to your business and maximize conversions or conversion value.
- Performance Max allows you to engage customers across Google's channels.
- With Google’s real-time understanding of consumer intents and preferences, paired with your input using audience signals, Performance Max can unlock new customer segments you may not have expected.
Drive more value
- Data-driven attribution across channels optimizes for the most incremental touchpoints that drive customers to conversion.
- Machine learning models are used to make more accurate predictions about which ads, audiences, and creative combinations perform best for you.
Acquire rich insights
- Performance Max asset reporting can help you understand which creatives are impacting performance and help you optimize campaign creatives to drive ROI.
- New insights, such as rising search trends, can help you understand changes in performance and inform your broader business strategy.
Performance Max is the best option to use when:
- You have specific advertising and conversion goals. For example, driving online sales, lead generation, and others.
- You want to maximize the performance of your campaign, and you aren't limited by which channel your ads appear on.
- You want to easily access all of Google’s advertising channels using a single campaign.
- You want to gain additional reach and conversion value beyond keyword-based Search campaigns.
Google AI uses machine learning to grow your business. You can add your unique expertise such as budget, business goals, and conversions that you want to measure. Google AI will then find potential customers for your goals and serve the most appropriate ad, with the optimal bid, to maximize campaign performance.
Smart Bidding combined with attribution technology helps to determine the best options for your campaign across all Google inventory and to determine bids on the auctions that have the highest probability of meeting your business goals in real-time. Our machine learning is enhanced when you add audience signals to your Performance Max campaign.
Auto-generated assets are a campaign-level setting that help you generate additional assets. These assets will appear in campaign-level settings as accounts are added to the beta. Learn more About automatically created assets.
Performance Max uses machine learning models to optimize bids and placements to drive conversions or conversion value for your goals, but you can provide important inputs like audience signals, including your customer data, and high quality text, images, and video that can significantly improve your campaign performance. You can also provide important inputs about what types of conversions are most valuable to your business by applying conversion values and setting value rules. Account-level brand safety settings are also available so you can tell Google Ads about the types of content where you don’t want your ads to appear.How Performance Max works with Search campaigns or keywords in your account
- Performance Max complements existing Search campaigns and respects your keyword targeting.
- If the user’s query is identical to an eligible Search keyword of any match type in your account, the Search campaign will be prioritized over Performance Max.
- If the query is not identical to an eligible Search keyword, the campaign or ad with the highest ad Rank, which considers creative relevance and performance, will be selected.
- At times, you may see existing keywords showing in Performance Max instead of Search campaign due to ineligibility factors. A Search keyword is not eligible to trigger an ad if:
- The campaign is limited by budget.
- It has low search volume status.
- All creatives or landing pages for the ad group are disapproved.
- All campaign or ad group targeting isn’t met.
Before you begin
- Make sure your Merchant Center account is set up with the required product information, such as business details, tax information (US only), verified and claimed website, shipping settings, feed with all of your product information. Learn more about how to Sign up for Google Merchant Center.
- Make sure your Google Ads account is linked to your Merchant Center account. Learn more about how to Link a Google Ads account to Merchant Center.
- Advertise your products using Shopping ads (for Shopify users)
- Create and manage Performance Max campaigns with Shopify, WooCommerce, GoDaddy and BigCommerce
- Create and manage Performance Max campaigns with Loja Integrada (Brasil only)
- You can create up to 100 Performance Max campaigns in your Google Ads account. For the best performance, we recommend consolidating your Performance Max campaigns where possible.
- In Europe, Performance Max campaigns can be used with any Comparison Shopping Service (CSS) you work with. The ads show on general search results pages and on any other surfaces the CSS has opted into.
Here are some reminders for advertisers with store goals:
- Any advertiser with store goals and local contacts or directions set up as a conversion goal can create a Performance Max campaign.
- Advertisers who formerly used Local campaigns can continue optimizing to offline goals using Performance Max campaigns with no additional budget or inventory required.