Depending on your address and the plan you select, you may be eligible to self install your Google Fiber internet service and phone service. Two kits are available:
- Self-Install Kit for Google Fiber (internet service)
- Self-Install Kit for Google Fiber Phone (phone service)
Self-install is available for our internet-only plans and for Google Fiber Phone. If you're eligible for self-install, Google has already installed external equipment and a Fiber Jack in your home.
Self-install requires no tools and minimal technical skills. To help you decide whether self-install is right for you, check out the instructions for installing your own Google Fiber Network Box or Google Wifi points.
After you sign up for a self-install kit, we'll send you an email with an estimated delivery date and a tracking number for your package. Typically you should expect to receive your self-install kit within 1 to 3 business days of placing your order.
How can I perform a self-install?
The self-install process requires no tools and minimal technical skills. You can learn more about whether self-install is right for you, watch a video that explains how to set up a Network Box or Google Wifi, or you can read the full instructions that come with the self-install kit for a Network Box or Google Wifi, or Google Fiber Phone.
What's in the self-install kit?
- Self-Install Kit with a Network Box
- A Network Box with power adapter cord
- Ethernet cables
- A Quick Start Guide that shows you how to install your Google Fiber Network Box to your Google Fiber network
- Self-Install Kit that includes Google Wifi point(s)
- Google Wifi point(s) with power adapter cord
- Ethernet cables
- Fiber Jack power adapter cord
- A Quick Start Guide that shows you how to connect your Google Wifi to your Google Fiber network
What's in the Google Fiber Phone self-install kit?
- A Google Fiber Phone Box
- A Phone Box power supply
- An ethernet cable
- A standard phone cord
- A Quick Start Guide that shows you how to set up your Google Fiber Phone service.
When can you expect your self-install kit?
How long should a self-install take?
When will you be billed for service?
If you're eligible for self-install and you choose this option, there are three ways for you to receive your self‑install kit:
- Have it shipped to your home address
- Have it shipped to a different address
- Pick up the kit from your local Fiber Space (in cities where there is one)
From the time an order is placed, the self‑install kit should arrive within 1-3 business days.
If you change your mind about self-install, please contact Google Fiber customer support within 2 hours of placing the order to cancel.
When you sign up to have a self-install kit shipped to you, you can ask the carrier to require a signature. To choose this option, check the box labeled Require signature for delivery when you sign up.
If you choose this option, the delivery carrier will require a signature from you or someone else at the delivery address, or from a building manager or neighbor, when the kit is delivered.