Create an advertiser
An advertiser in DoubleClick Search (DS) contains a different group of engine accounts and campaigns, as well as its own set of users who can view reports and edit settings.
It's up to you to decide how to group your advertisers. You might create an advertiser for all the campaigns you need to run for a particular client. Or you might create separate advertisers for different product lines or divisions.
Keep in mind that you can only see a limited amount of reporting data across advertisers. For example, a DS user with permission to access more than one advertiser can compare the total number of clicks and cost for each advertiser. However within a single advertiser, you can view detailed reporting data. For example, you can view and compare metrics for all keywords and ads across all engine accounts and campaigns in an advertiser.
Start by creating a DCM advertiser
Each advertiser in DS is linked to an advertiser in DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM). If you do not have an existing advertiser in your DCM account, you will need to create one. Note that a single DCM advertiser can only be linked to one DS advertiser. Learn more about the one-to-one relationship between DoubleClick Search and DCM.
Follow the steps below to create a new advertiser in DCM:
- Sign in to DCM (only Admins in DCM can create advertisers).
- Click on the Advertisers tab and select New Advertiser.
- Enter a name for the Advertiser and click Save.
- Click on the Advertisers tab and select Advertisers.
- Note the name and the ID of the newly created advertiser.
After the DCM advertiser is created, the DS support team can create the advertiser in DoubleClick Search once a request has been made.
Ideally you would never change the association between the DS advertiser and DCM advertiser, especially if you have already created engine accounts and trafficked data to the engines. But if you do need to associate an existing DS advertiser with a different DCM advertiser, contact customer support.
Request a DoubleClick Search advertiser to be created
In DS, the DS support team creates advertisers for you based on information you provide in a form. When you need a new DS advertiser, a DS user with agency manager permissions should follow these steps:
- Download the New advertiser setup form.
- Complete the form and email it to your DS support Representative or email@example.com.
Only agency managers can request the creation of an advertiser. Learn more about types of users in DS.
The form requests the following information:
- DCM Advertiser Name
- DCM Advertiser ID
- Agency Name
- DS Agency URL
Advertiser creation can take up to 24 hours.
Once the advertiser is created:
- The DS support team sends an email notifying you that the advertiser has been created.
- A DS user with agency manager permissions can add engine accounts in DoubleClick Search.