Manage your Google Drive storage plan
Purchase a new storage plan or upgrade/downgrade your storage plan based on your needs.
If you run out of free storage, you can purchase additional storage to be shared between Google Drive, Gmail, and Google+ Photos. You can upgrade or downgrade your storage plan as your storage needs change, choosing from a variety of plans. We'll increase or decrease your storage as soon as you buy a different plan, but how you're charged may vary.
Purchase a storage plan
To purchase a Google Drive storage plan, follow these steps:
- Go to www.google.com/settings/storage .
- Select a storage plan.
- Review your confirmation details:
- The plan you selected
- The account that the storage will be applied to
- When your credit card will be charged
- Finish your purchase.
Change your storage plan
Follow these steps to upgrade or downgrade your storage plan.
- Go to www.google.com/settings/storage.
- Sign into the Google Account for which you purchased storage.
- Your current plan will show in the left box. Select a storage plan to upgrade or downgrade.
- Review your choice and click Continue to Wallet.
- Enter your payment information.
- Click Accept and continue.
- Click Finish to complete your Google Drive storage upgrade or downgrade.
Want to downgrade to free storage? Make sure you're not over the 15 GB free storage limit. Otherwise, you won't be able to downgrade.
Learn how to free up storage space in the Google Drive storage troubleshooter.
Update payment information
In Google Wallet, you can update the payment information for your Google Drive storage plan at any time. You can learn more about making changes to your payment information at the Google Wallet Help Center.
If an order of yours has been declined, you'll need to update the payment information that you originally provided for that order. Here's how to do it:
- Sign in to your Google Wallet account.
- Choose how you'd like to update your payment information:
- Try again to pay with your current card
- Pay with another card on file
- Update the billing address or expiration date of your current card
- Add a new credit card
- Click Continue.
- After viewing the confirmation screen, click Update to confirm your change.