- Google Drive
- Google Photos
Get more cloud storage with:
- Google One, which starts with 100 GB of storage. Check if Google One is available for your account.
- Google Workspace for work and school. Storage sizes vary. For more information, contact your administrator.
- Google Workspace Individual, which comes with 1 TB of storage. Learn about Workspace Individual.
- At any time, you can change your storage plan to either a monthly or annual fee.
- A Google One subscription doesn’t expire -- it’ll renew automatically unless you change your settings.
- When you switch to a different payment schedule, it can take up to 24 hours for these changes to take effect.
- In addition to the listed price, you may be charged local taxes or fees. These rates may be changed by local entities without notice from Google. Google doesn’t charge extra fees beyond the listed price. If you live in the European Economic Area or Morocco, you’ll be charged Value-Added Tax (VAT) on Google Play purchases. For these purchases, you can request a VAT invoice or receipt.
- Buying Google storage is only available in some countries. Find countries where you can buy storage.
If you already pay for a Drive plan, you get automatically upgraded to Google One at no charge. Learn more about how your existing storage works with Google One.
If you don't have a Drive plan, you can become a Google One member to get more storage, help from experts, and extra member benefits.
Important: Make sure your payment method is up to date before you upgrade your storage.
After you upgrade, your Google One membership replaces your current Drive storage plan. Google One members get even more storage space, plus exclusive benefits and family plan sharing. If you want more storage space as a Google One member, follow the steps below.
Buy storage via the Google One app
- On your iPhone or iPad, download the Google One app.
- Make sure you're signed into your Google account.
- In the Google One app, at the bottom, tap Upgrade.
- Select your new plan pricing and payment date.
- Confirm your payment.
Important: If you purchased your Google One membership outside of the Google One iPhone app, you may not find the option to upgrade.
Buy storage via the Google Drive app
Important: Make sure your Google Drive app is up to date. It may take a few minutes after updating for your purchase to appear. Update your Google Drive app.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Drive app .
- If you don't have it, download the Google Drive app.
- On the top left, tap Menu Storage.
- Tap Get more storage.
- Choose your new storage limit.
- Confirm your payment.
- Tap Done.
- How your existing storage works with Google One
- How much Google One costs in your location
- How to switch to a monthly or yearly storage plan
When you bought Google Drive storage using the App Store, you might have encountered a problem, like:
Your purchase has expired
You can't buy storage for more than one Google Account
You can't find where to buy more storage
To fix your problem:
If you haven't already, cancel your Apple App Store Drive subscription. Learn how to change your Apple subscriptions.
Contact Google Support to get credited for your Apple purchase. Learn how to contact Google Support
- Create a new subscription using Google Play or from your computer.
Google One members get even more storage space, exclusive benefits, family plan sharing and more. Learn how much Google One costs in your location.
About Google One plans offered by another company
Important: If your Google One plan is offered through another company, you'll need to contact that company directly to upgrade, downgrade, or cancel your plan.
Manage a Google One plan offered by another companySwitch to a Google One plan in the Google One site & app
If you bought your current plan from another company, and instead want a plan that’s only available for purchase on the Google One site or app, you need to:
- Cancel your current Google One plan by contacting the company that sold you the plan.
- Subscribe to a Google One plan available on the Google One site and app.
If canceling puts you out of storage, you will need to subscribe to a new plan right away to avoid interruptions to Google services. Learn what happens when you exceed your storage limit.
To fix payment issues, contact the company offering you the plan and make sure your payment method hasn't expired and the details are correct. You can find a link to contact the company in Google One settings.
Keep in mind, you won’t be able to update your payment method on the Google One site or app.
This can happen if your payment method has expired or the details are incorrect or outdated. To fix payment issues, contact the company offering you the Google One plan.
If there’s a payment issue, you will continue to have access to your Google One benefits for a limited time. If you don’t resolve the issue promptly, your Google One plan will end and your storage limit will be reduced to 15 GB. If you exceed this amount, you will experience interruptions to Gmail, Google Photos, Drive, and other Google services. Learn what happens when you exceed your storage limit.
Improve collaboration and stay connected with Google Workspace Essentials
If your company wants better collaboration and more storage for work projects, you can sign up for a Google Workspace Essentials account. To sign up, use your business email address.
A Google Workspace Essentials account provides:
- Secure, reliable video conferencing
- Shared drive space where teams can store all of their content
- Collaboration apps like Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Security, privacy, and compliance tools
- No domain verification or IT involvement required
Your Workspace Individual plan comes with 1 TB of storage. You can buy more storage with Google One. Learn about Workspace Individual.If you're a Google One plan member:
- Your Google One plan storage is in addition to your Workspace Individual storage.
- There's no change to your Google One membership or Family Plan and Membership Sharing.
- You stay enrolled unless you choose to cancel.
Storage space doesn’t increase after upgrade
It may take up to 24 hours for your new storage to become available after you purchase a new storage plan.
If your storage is still incorrect after 24 hours, sign into your Google Account to check if your payment went through.
If your payment went through, it’s been 24 hours since you upgraded, and your storage is still incorrect, try these troubleshooting steps.
If a charge is applied to your payment card, but you don’t find a payment reflected on your Google Account, check if you’re signed into multiple Google Accounts. If so, Google One may be purchased on a different account. You can cancel the purchase on that account and repurchase Google One on the desired account. Learn how to cancel purchases on Google One.
Switch to a plan with less storage
If you don’t use all the space you have right now, or you want to pay less for Google storage, downgrade or cancel your storage plan.Change Google One membership with Pixel Pass