Create a DFP Video line item
Some video features might not be enabled for your network. To learn more, contact your account manager.
- Sign in to DoubleClick for Publishers.
- Click Delivery Orders.
- Create a new order, or click an existing order in the table, then click NEW LINE ITEM.
- Name the line item.
- Select Video VAST.
- In the Master field, enter a video size. Suggested video sizes appear as you type, representing the video sizes in your inventory. The letter "v" appears automatically at the end of all video sizes.
- If you're using companion sizes, follow these steps:
If the VAST response isn’t being rendered by the the IMA SDK, these delivery options cannot be guaranteed.
- Enter the appropriate values in the Companion sizes field.
- Under Adjust delivery, choose one of the following options from the Display video (VAST) companion drop-down menu:
- Optional: Companion creatives are optional for this line item.
- At least one: This line item requires that at least one of the companion creatives appear.
- All: This line item requires that all companions appear (one companion for every companion size).
- Optional: To enter additional master and companion sizes, click Add size.
- Next to Rotate creative sets, select one of the following options:
- Evenly: Creatives rotate evenly.
- Optimized: Creative with the highest CTR will be shown more often.
- Weighted: Creatives rotate at a frequency you specify.
- Sequential: Creatives rotate in the order you specify.
For more information about these rotation options, see Rotate multiple creatives for a line item.
- Optional: Set a frequency cap for the line item.
- Next to Frequency, select Set a per user frequency cap.
- Select Stream to limit the number of impressions per video stream.
- Under Add targeting, choose targeting criteria for the line item. You can select one or more of the following options:
- If available for your network, select Video content to target or exclude videos or categories of videos, or content bundles. Browse to select specific videos, or search across video names and metadata.
- Select Video position to target pre-rolls, mid-rolls, or post-rolls, or positions within each. Note that you need to have set up ad rules in order to target positions.
- Select Inventory to assign the line item to one or more ad units. Note that the inventory available here varies depending on the companion delivery option that you selected in step 7.
- Add key-value pairs.
- Click Save and...Upload creatives.