For administrators who manage Chrome devices for a business or school.
To enforce the device policies you set in your Google Admin console, you need to enroll devices running Chrome OS. If you’re a Chrome Enterprise Upgrade or Chrome Education Upgrade customer, you can let users enroll them. Each enrolled device complies with the policies you set until you wipe or deprovision it.
Before you begin
- You can enroll Chromebook Enterprise devices. Or, you can purchase an upgrade, such as Chrome Enterprise Upgrade or Chrome Education Upgrade, for each standalone Chrome device that you want to manage.
- You must enroll devices before anyone signs in to them. If you don’t, you need to wipe the device and restart enrollment. For details, see Wipe Chrome device data.
- If you want to control which users can enroll devices in your domain, see the Enrollment permissions user policy.
- By default, devices automatically enroll in the top-level organizational unit. If you want devices to automatically enroll in the organizational unit that the user belongs to, see the Device enrollment user policy.
- To make it easier to monitor and manage devices, enter (and tell your users to enter) identifying information about the device. For details, see the Asset identifier during enrollment user policy.
Manually enroll Chrome devices
Turn on the Chrome device and follow the on-screen instructions until you see the sign-in screen. Don't sign in yet. If you see the enrollment screen instead of the sign-in screen, go to Step 4.
If you're enrolling a Chromebook tablet, tap Email or phone. Then, tap More Switch to full layout to open the on-screen keyboard.
Choose an option to get to the enrollment screen:
Click More options Enterprise enrollment (not available on Chromebook tablets).
Enter the username and password from your Google admin welcome letter or for a Google Account that has eligibility to enroll.
If prompted, enter the asset ID and location and click Next.
When you get a confirmation message that the device is successfully enrolled, click Done.
Users can now sign in to devices and start using them.
You can see a list of enrolled devices in your Admin console. For details, see View Chrome device details."You do not have enough software licenses to enroll this device"
You used all of your organization’s available upgrades for other devices. You need to purchase additional upgrades. For details, see Manage Chrome upgrade orders.
You’re trying to enroll a device with a username that isn’t allowed to enroll devices. To let users enroll devices, see the Enrollment permissions user policy.