Move a Chrome device to an organizational unit
For administrators who manage Chrome devices for a business or school.
When you enroll devices in your Google Admin console, devices automatically go in the top-level organizational unit. To apply different settings to a set of Chrome devices, place them in their own organization, below your top-level organization. You can then apply settings to just that organization.
Before you move your devices, see Add an organizational unit.
Move a Chrome device
From the Admin console Home page, go to Device managementChrome devices.
If you don't see Device management on the Home page, click More controls at the bottom.
- If the Filters pane on the left isn’t open, click Filter to open it.
- On the left, click the organization the device is in.
Tip: If you don't know which organization a device is in, you can search by device serial number in the search field at the top of the list of organizations.
- Check the box next to the device you want to move.
- At the top, click Move to.
- Choose the organization that you want to move the device to.
- Click Move To Organization.