Verify your business
Before you begin
To be eligible for advanced verification, you need a Google My Business account with a plumber or locksmith listing based in the Greater San Diego or Los Angeles area.
New to Google My Business? You’ll be prompted to create a Google My Business account before starting the advanced verification process. After creating an account, please do not follow the link to verify your listing in Google My Business. Instead, follow the steps below to complete advanced verification.
Keep in mind
- If you don't have a storefront, you must pass advanced verification to have your San Diego- or Los Angeles-based plumber or locksmith business listing appear on Google Maps and the Knowledge Panel.
- Advanced verification does not affect your web search ranking on Google.
- Applications are processed in about two weeks.
- Portions of your application may be reviewed by Google’s trusted partners at Pinkerton.
Confirm your business info
To review and confirm your business info for advanced verification:
- Navigate to advanced verification.
- Enter the business owner’s full name and address, then enter the best phone number to reach you.
- Choose your Google My Business location in San Diego or Los Angeles. If you have multiple locations, select your primary location in San Diego or Los Angeles.
- Enter your company EIN number, the type of business, and the registered principal.
- Enter your professional license.
- Review and update your business hours. If you haven't yet entered business hours, you’ll need to add them to complete advanced verification.
- Select all cities your serve from the list. Only businesses in Greater San Diego and Los Angeles are eligible for advanced verification at this time.
- Select the services you offer from the list.
- Click Submit.
You’ll be notified via email once your application has been processed, typically within two weeks.
Having trouble with verification?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support if you have trouble completing advanced verification.