You can connect with existing and potential customers through your Business Profile on Google Search and Maps through posts. You can create and share announcements, offers, new or popular items in stock, or event details directly with your customers.
Important: If you aren't a local business that serves customers at a particular location or within a designated service area, consider Posts on Google for verified entities. Learn more about Posts on Google.
When customers have more access to your business information and updates, they can make better decisions as they browse. This allows you to:
- Directly communicate with your local customers.
- Improve your customer experience with timely information.
- Promote your sales, specials, events, news, and offers.
- Engage with your customers through videos and photos.
How it works
Posts can include text, photos, or videos to promote Business Profiles. They’re visible to users through:
- The “Updates” or “Overview” tabs of the Business Profile on mobile on Search and Maps based on various signals
- The “From the Owner” section of the Business Profile on your computer on Search and Maps
- Google My Business websites
When you add photos to your Business Profile, they automatically show as posts on your profile. These posts cannot be edited and will show only to customers. If you remove a photo, it'll no longer show as a post.
Tip: Posts more than a week old get archived, unless a date range is specified. Learn how to create posts on Google.
Each post type provides your audience with specific details and allows you to add an action button to your post.
- What's new: Provide general information about your business. You can include a photo or video, description, and an action button. For example, a restaurant can make a post to promote a new menu item.
- In some countries, Google My Business may also provide automatically suggested posts based on your 4- or 5-star customer reviews. You'll see these suggestions when you sign in to Google My Business, or through email notifications.
- Events: Promote an event at your business. Events require a title, start and end dates, and time. If there aren’t start or end times, then the system will default to 24 hours on the date it's posted. These posts may also include a photo, video, description, and an action button. For example, a bookstore may advertise a local author's book signing or a book club meeting. Events that meet certain criteria may also show on the "Overview" tab of the Business Profile to make them more prominent to customers.
- Offers: Provide promotional sales or offers from your business. Offers require a title, start/end dates and times. A "View offer" action button is automatically added to the post. You can also include a photo, video, description, coupon code, link, and terms and conditions with the post. For example, a pizza parlor may advertise 20% off large pizzas for a week. Offers appear near the top of the Business Profile on Google Search and Maps. They also appear with all other posts in the "Updates" tab.
- Products: You can use the product posts to add products that will appear in your "Product tab." Manage the product entry in the Product Editor.
- Important: The product post doesn't create a post to share.