When you link your Google Analytics 4 property to your Display & Video 360 advertiser, you get the following benefits:
- Analytics exports audiences and conversions to Display & Video 360.
- Your Display & Video 360 advertiser appears as a traffic source in your Analytics cross-channel reports.
- Display & Video 360 campaign and cost data is imported to Analytics.
To export audiences from Analytics:
- Activate Google signals in the Analytics property
- Enable Personalized Advertising in the link settings
With Google signals activated and Personalized Advertising enabled in the link settings, audiences are automatically exported to Display & Video 360.
Audiences that contain demographics or interests data will not be exported.
When you export audiences, they appear under All Audiences in the linked Display & Video 360 advertiser. You can use the audiences as-is for targeting, or combine them with other audiences. You can also perform analyses on them.
When Analytics exports conversions, it uses the cross-channel last click attribution model. You can use those conversions for custom bidding in Display & Video 360.
Display & Video 360 data in Analytics cross-channel reports
With Display & Video 360 data available in Analytics, you can see user, session, and conversion metrics in the context of dimensions like source, medium, campaign, and default channel group.
Note: The Source platform dimension will have the value dv360.
Learn more about the traffic-source dimensions specific to Display & Video 360.
Create the link
If you have the Editor role for the Analytics property and the Admin role for the Display & Video 360 advertiser, you can complete the linking process.
If you only have the Editor role for the Analytics property, then you can initiate the linking process and send a request to a user who has the Admin role for the Display & Video 360 advertiser so that user can complete the process.
You can link a Google Analytics 4 property to up to 200 advertisers (maximum of 20 at a time).
- In the Property column, under PRODUCT LINKS, click Display & Video 360 Links.
- In the link table, click Link.
- If you have the Admin role for one or more Display & Video 360 advertisers, in the row for Link to Display & Video 360 advertisers I manage, click Choose advertisers to select the advertisers you want to link your property to.
If you don't have the Admin role for the advertiser you want, in the row for Request access to other Display & Video 360 advertisers, click Send request to identify the advertisers you want. Enter the advertiser ID and the email address of an Admin for each advertiser you want.
- Click Confirm.
- Click Next.
- Configure the following settings:
- Enable Personalized Advertising: On by default. This setting allows Analytics data to be used to personalize ads.
- Enable Campaign Attribution: On by default. Turn this setting on to import Display & Video 360 campaign data.
- Enable Cost Data Reporting: On by default. Turn this setting on to import Display & Video 360 cost data.
- Enable auto-tagging: On by default. You can't edit this setting.
Auto-tagging adds the
dclidparameter to your landing-page URLs when users click your ads to open your site pages. The
dclidparameter passes the following information to Analytics: source, medium, campaign, buying platform, creative format, ad server, and marketing tactic.
- Click Next, then review and submit your configuration settings.
- Check in Display & Video 360 to make sure the Enhanced Attribution option is enabled for your Display & Video 360 advertiser. Learn more. If your advertiser is using a Campaign Manager advertiser's attribution settings you must enable the Enhanced Attribution option in Campaign Manager. Learn more.
Note: The Enhanced Attribution option must be enabled for Display & Video 360 data to get reported in GA4.