The link process can also be initiated from Google Analytics 4.
To link an Analytics 360 (Universal Analytics) property to Display & Video 360, you must create the link from the Analytics 360 account. Learn more about linking Analytics 360 and Display & Video 360.
Linking Google Analytics to Display & Video 360 allows you to:
- Use Google Analytics audience lists for targeting or combine them with other audiences to create unique list types.
- Auto-bid on Google Analytics goals or conversions through custom bidding.
- Display & Video 360 admin access to initiate the linking request.
- Google Analytics 4 edit access to approve the request.
Link a Google Analytics 4 property to Display & Video 360
- From your Display & Video 360 advertiser, navigate to Advertiser settings > Linked Accounts in the left menu.
- Click Manage & link for the Google Analytics product.
- Click New link.
- If you have edit access for the Google Analytics 4 property you want to link, click Choose Property and select the Google Analytics 4 property.
- If you do not have edit access for the Google Analytics 4 property you want to link, select request link access and enter in the property id and admin email.
- Click Link to finalize the request.
- A notification email will be sent to the Analytics 4 property editor to review and approve the linking. If you also have edit access for the Google Analytics 4 property, the request will be automatically approved upon finalizing the request.
Manage Google Analytics linked properties in Display & Video 360
You can review or edit link requests within Advertiser settings > Linked Accounts in the left menu.
Unlink or edit Google Analytics 4 properties
- Start in the Google Analytics linked properties section and navigate to the “completed” tab.
- Select the property you want to update:
- Click Unlink if you want to unlink the Analytics 4 property from the Display & Video 360 advertiser.
- To edit attribution and reporting settings, update the configuration settings under the Google Analytics link section.
- Click Done to confirm the changes.
Resend or withdraw linking requests for Google Analytics 4 properties
- Start in the Google Analytics linked properties section and navigate to the “pending” tab.
- Select the property you want to review and click either Resend or Withdraw for the action you want to take.
- Unlinking Analytics 4 properties from Display & Video advertisers will close all exported audiences or Analytics goals to those linked destinations.
- New linking requests must be resubmitted for past canceled requests.
- Display & Video 360 admin users can unlink Google Analytics 4 properties in bulk by clicking the checkmark boxes.
- Display & Video 360 admin users can edit configuration settings for Google Analytics 4 properties if they also have edit access in the other product.
- Display & Video 360 admin users can approve any incoming linking requests by going to Advertiser settings > Linked Accounts > Google Analytics linked properties