What's the policy?
Google AdWords has guidelines and restrictions associated with the promotion of financial services. Financial services are defined as those that include the management of money and investments. We have different requirements based on the product or service that you're advertising, but there are some requirements that apply across all products and services.
All advertisers advertising products and services related to financial services must do the following:
- Operate in compliance with state and local regulations – for example, include specific disclosures required by local law.
- Disclose associated fees.
- Include links to third-party accreditation/endorsement where affiliation is implied, particularly when it serves to improve the reputation of the site. Examples include, but are not limited to, verification of government affiliation and third-party ratings.
- Provide legitimate physical contact information for the business being promoted.
Below you can find the areas within financial services that currently have product-specific requirements. As the online advertising and regulatory space continues to evolve, we'll update this policy with additional product-specific guidelines on an ongoing basis.Loan modification and foreclosure prevention services
- Must include physical contact information
- Must not guarantee loan modification or foreclosure prevention
- Must not charge an upfront fee unless service is being provided by a law firm
- Must not ask users to transfer or surrender property titles or offer to buy house at a below-market price
- Must not ask users to bypass the lender and make payments directly to the company or other third party
- Must not encourage users not to contact their lender, lawyer, credit counselor, or housing counselor
- Must comply with all state and local regulations related to mortgage modification and foreclosure prevention services
- Legitimate contact information or physical address (P.O. box addresses are not acceptable)
- Compliance with other state or local regulations related to short-term loans
- Prominent disclosure of the following on the landing page, meaning that it's shown in the same font type, size, and color as the base text on the landing page and presented in a way that is clear and conspicuous to users:
- Implications of non-payment, including the following:
- Financial implications (whether fees are charged and/or interest rates are raised)
- Collection practices
- Potential impact to users' credit score
- Renewal policy information, including if the renewal is automatic and if there are fees associated with the renewal
How does this policy differ from country to country?
In addition to the requirements above, there may be further restrictions based on which countries your campaign targets. Click a country below to see additional requirements that you must meet in order for your ad campaign to target that country.Japan
|Credit card cash-back services|| Not allowed
Google doesn't allow ads or landing pages that promote credit card cash-back services.
|Credit cards|| Allowed with limitations
Companies that promote credit cards will need to register with the Consumer Credit Industry Association. A valid registration number must be displayed on the website.
|Consumer finance and loans|| Allowed with limitations
Companies that promote consumer finance and loans must be a listed company. If the company isn't listed, Google will determine the permission to advertise. Also, sites that don't comply with the "upper limit on interest" law won't be displayed.
|Commodity futures|| Allowed with limitations
Companies that promote commodity futures will need to register with the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry. A valid registration number must be displayed on the website.
|Financial institutions|| Allowed with limitations
Companies that promote real estate, banks, securities, loan companies, FX (foreign exchange), binary options, investment advisory businesses, businesses that offer credit cards, account opening agency services, and affiliates for the above companies will need to register with the Finance Services Agency or other regulatory agencies. A valid registration number must be displayed on the website.
|Financial investment products|| Allowed with limitations
Ads promoting financial investment products must include a certification number and validation period provided by the Korea Financial Investment Association (KOFIA). Advertisers are responsible for making sure that their ads have been pre-approved by KOFIA.
|Moneylender services|| Not allowed
Google doesn't allow ads for moneylender services to target Singapore. This restriction does not apply to loans from banks or other financial institutions, registered credit societies, licensed pawnbrokers, or advertisers lending money to accredited investors for securities/futures or as investment trusts.
|Vehicle service contracts|| Allowed with limitations
Vehicle service contracts are purchased by consumers to cover the costs associated with vehicle repair after a manufacturer's warranty has expired. Google doesn't allow ads for vehicle service contracts unless the following requirement is also met:
If manufacturers or auto brands are mentioned in the ad or on the landing page, the landing page must clarify affiliation/non-affiliation with those manufacturers or auto brands.
|Save your home
Your foreclosure stopped
We guarantee it!
| Not allowed
Google doesn't allow ads or sites that guarantee foreclosure prevention.
|Get cash quick and cheap
Rates as low as your bank
Pay us back in 60 days!
| Not allowed
Google doesn't allow ads or sites related to short-term loans that don't convey accurate loan terms. Unless there is verification on the advertiser's site that the rates are as low as average bank loans, this ad and the associated site would be suspended from advertising.
What can I do if my site gets suspended?Step 1: Review the guidelines above and see where your website might be causing issues. Please note that your entire website needs to comply, not just the landing page from your ad.
- Remove all unacceptable or illegal content from your ad text and website.
- Provide users with accurate information about your business, products, and services.
- Ensure that your site contains all information required by state and local laws.
- Be transparent about the product or service being promoted to users.
Step 2: After making any necessary changes to your site, request a re-review of your site by completing this contact form:
Request a re-review
What happens if you violate our policies
- Ad disapproval: Ads that don't follow this policy may get disapproved. A disapproved ad won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
- Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised until the problem is fixed.
- Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup. Learn more about suspended accounts.
If you still have questions about this policy, you can contact us via the link below. You'll be taken to a form where you can write to us about your issue.
Contact AdWords Support