Fix a disapproved ad
If any of your ads are disapproved, it unfortunately means that the ad isn't able to run at the moment. To get your ad up and running, find out which ad was disapproved and then edit it so that it meets our advertising policies.
This article explains how to find out why your ad was disapproved, then how to fix the issue and resubmit your ad for approval.
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. If you’re still using the previous AdWords experience, choose “previous” below. Learn more
Use the filter to see all disapproved ads at once
- Go to the Ads or Ad extensions tab and find the disapproved ad or extension.
In the "Status" column, hover over the white speech bubble next to "Disapproved" and click the disapproval reason to learn more about the policy.
Note: Some policies apply to the ad’s destination. If your ad complies with the policy, check your destination to see if it’s causing the disapproval and make any necessary changes before proceeding.
- Hover over the ad or extension and click the pencil icon .
- Edit the ad or extension so that it complies with the policy.
- Click Save.
If you have a large account with many ads, you might find it helpful to use filters to find all your disapproved ads:
- On your account’s "Ads" tab, click Filter, which appears above the statistics table.
- Select Create filter.
- Select Approval status from the first drop-down menu.
- Remove the check marks from all checkboxes except the Disapproved checkbox.
- Check the Save filter checkbox in case you want to use this filter again.
- Click Apply.
The table will automatically update to show all of your disapproved ads.