Fix a problem with HTML5 ads
When creating HTML5 ads, it's possible that you may experience a problem. Below is a list of common issues that might occur when creating custom HTML ads, and how to fix them.
Issue: Creatives are missing text.
- All non-ASCII characters must use UTF-8.
Issue: Preview does not click through.
- Fully functioning preview is only available via the "View full size ad" link after saving the ad.
- Clients must then copy/paste the URL in their browser.
- Creatives will not click-through in the ad creation preview or the "View full size ad" preview pop-up
Requirements for using HTML5 ads
HTML5 ads are not available for all advertisers. You can submit a request to use HTML5 ads if they aren’t available in your account and your account meets the following requirements:
- Has a good history of policy compliance.
- Has a good payment history.
- Has more than US$1000 total lifetime spend.
You can’t preview a creative using 'touchstart/touchend' instead of ‘click’ using the normal Google Web Designer preview. Instead, enable device emulation in order to test it as though it's on a mobile or tablet device.