AMPHTML ads in Google Web Designer
Build AMPHTML ads in Google Web Designer by selecting AMPHTML banner as the ad type when you create a new document. You can't convert an AMPHTML file into a non-AMPHTML file, or the other way around.
In the File > Open recent list, AMPHTML ads are marked with the AMP icon .
AMPHTML ads have some restrictions in order to ensure reliable performance. You can still create rich, interactive ads, but when you work on AMPHTML ads in Web Designer, some parts of the interface are disabled because those features aren't supported by AMP.
The following Web Designer functionality isn't available for AMPHTML ads:
- copying and pasting between AMPHTML and non-AMPHTML documents
- animating element properties other than
transformallows you to move, rotate, scale, and skew elements)
- animating masks
- components other than the amp-carousel component
- responsive features (including percentage-based sizes, the Responsive panel, and media rules)
- setting a primary page
- dynamic data bindings
- publishing to Studio, Display & Video 360, or Campaign Manager 360
Your ad platform may have additional requirements for AMPHTML ads: