Finding the Right Mobile App Users: Google Best Practices
So you’ve got an amazing app to share with the world. That’s great. Only thing is - there are millions of other apps out there also trying to share the spotlight, or rather - phone screen. How will you find the right folks to download and use your mobile app?
This guide will help show you how to use Google AdWords to get as many of the right people to discover and use your app. So let’s get started.
1. Track beyond the install
- Track what users do in your app after they’ve downloaded it.
Why: Understand what users are doing in your app that’s valuable in the long-term.
2. Decide what’s valuable to your app
- Start thinking about the long-term value of a user who completes an in-app action.
Why: Determine what kind of users you’d like more of.
3. Promote your app with universal app campaigns
- Create a universal app campaign to find more of the users that you want.
Why: Save time by setting up an automated campaign that promotes your app across all of Google and its networks to find more of what you want.
4. Customize your ads for who you’re talking to
- Create the best ads to show for your universal app campaign.
Why: Give users a reason to download and use your app.