Google’s on-device conversion measurement improves the amount of observable conversions from your iOS App campaigns while keeping users’ personal data private. In this article, you’ll find an overview of how the solution works and learn about the requirements and implementation needed to enable it.
- Improved conversion observability makes conversion modeling and reporting more accurate for iOS App campaigns.
- Users’ identifiable data is restricted to their device.
How it works
On-device conversion measurement helps measure app installs and in-app actions from your iOS App campaigns while keeping user data private. On-device attribution connects a user to their user-provided email or phone number, for example, collected by your app’s sign-in experience through Google Analytics for Firebase (GA4F). Our on-device conversion approach protects a user's data by ensuring that no identifying user information is sent off the device in an identifiable way.
This feature is only available through the Google Analytics for Firebase SDK. In order to use on-device conversion measurement, you’ll need to:
- Integrate with the Google Analytics for Firebase (GA4F) SDK (version 9.0.0 or higher required for emails, version 10.13.0 or higher for phone numbers), and link your Google Analytics 4 account with your Google Ads account.
- Ensure your app can run on iOS 11 or higher.
- Create an app sign-in experience that collects user-provided emails or phone numbers.
- Implement and test on-device conversion measurement on your app. Learn more about how to set up on-device conversion measurement in your account