Remarketing lets you show ads to people who have visited your website or used your mobile app. When people leave your website without buying anything, for example, remarketing helps you reconnect with them by showing relevant ads across their different devices.
This article introduces the benefits of remarketing and the types of AdWords remarketing campaign.
Whether you're looking to drive sales activity, increase registrations or promote awareness of your brand, remarketing can be a strategic component of your advertising. It can drive return on investment (ROI) for all types of advertisers.
- Access to people when they're most likely to buy: You have the option to reach people after they've interacted with your business. This could be when they're searching for your product, visiting other websites and using other mobile apps. AdWords remarketing provides timely touch points to drive your customers to your website and app when they're most engaged.
- Lists tailored to your advertising goals: Customise your remarketing lists to achieve specific advertising goals. For example, you can create a "Shopping basket abandoners" list to show ads to the people who added something to their shopping basket but didn't complete a transaction.
- Large-scale reach: You can reach people on your remarketing lists across their devices as they browse over 2 million websites and mobile apps.
- Efficient pricing: You can create high-performance remarketing campaigns with automated bid strategies such as target CPA and ROAS. Realtime bidding calculates the optimum bid for the person viewing your ad, helping you win the ad auction with the best possible price. There's no extra cost to use Google's auction.
- Easy ad creation: Produce multiple text, image and video ads for free with Ad gallery. With dynamic remarketing campaigns you can create dynamic ads which pair your feed with Ad gallery layouts, scaling beautiful ads across your entire set of products or services.
- Insights into your campaign: You’ll have reports of how your campaigns are performing, where your ads are being shown and what price you're paying.
- Reach your customers when they're searching for you: Show ads to previous visitors who are actively looking for your business on Google Search.
Ways to remarket with Google AdWords
- Standard remarketing: Show ads to your past visitors as they browse Display Network websites and use Display Network apps. Find out more
- Dynamic remarketing: Boost your results with dynamic remarketing, which takes remarketing to the next level with ads that include products or services that people viewed on your website. Find out more
- Remarketing for mobile apps: Show ads to people who have used your mobile app or mobile website as they use other mobile apps or browse other mobile websites. Find out more
- Remarketing lists for search ads: Show ads to your past visitors as they carry out follow-up searches for what they need on Google, after leaving your website. Find out more
- Video remarketing: Show ads to people who have interacted with your videos or YouTube channel as they use YouTube and browse Display Network videos, websites and apps. Find out more
- Email-list remarketing: With Customer Match, upload a list of email addresses that your customers have given you. When those people are signed in to Google Search, YouTube or Gmail, you can show them ads.