Remarketing lets you show ads to people who've visited your website, used your mobile app, or provided their email address. When people leave your website without buying anything, for example, remarketing helps you reconnect with them by showing relevant ads as they browse the web, as they use mobile apps, or as they search on Google.
This article introduces the benefits of remarketing and the types of AdWords remarketing campaigns.
Whether you're looking to drive sales activity, increase registrations, or promote awareness of your brand, remarketing can be a strategic component of your advertising. It can drive return on investment (ROI) for all types of advertisers.
- Access to people when they're most likely to buy: You have the option to reach people after they've interacted with your business. This could be when they're searching for your product, visiting other websites, and using other mobile apps. AdWords remarketing provides timely touch points to drive your customers to your website and app when they're most engaged.
- Lists tailored to your advertising goals: Customize your remarketing lists to achieve specific advertising goals. For example, you can create a "Shopping cart abandoners" list to show ads to the people who added something to their shopping cart but didn't complete a transaction.
- Large-scale reach: You can reach people on your remarketing lists as they use Google search and browse over 2 million websites and mobile apps that are part of the Google Display Network.
- Efficient pricing: You can create high-performance remarketing campaigns with automated bid strategies like target CPA and ROAS. Real-time bidding calculates the optimal bid for the person viewing your ad, helping you win the ad auction with the best possible price. There's no extra cost to use Google's auction.
- Easy ad creation: Produce multiple text, image, and video ads for free with Ad gallery. With dynamic remarketing campaigns you can create dynamic ads which pair your feed with Ad gallery layouts, scaling beautiful ads across your entire set of products or services.
- Insights into your campaign: You’ll have reports of how your campaigns are performing, where your ads are showing, and what price you're paying.
Ways to remarket with Google AdWords
- Standard remarketing: Show ads to your past visitors as they browse Display Network websites and use Display Network apps.
- Dynamic remarketing: Boost your results with dynamic remarketing, which takes remarketing to the next level with ads that include products or services that people viewed on your website.
- Remarketing for mobile apps: Show ads to people who have used your mobile app or mobile website as they use other mobile apps or browse other mobile websites.
- Remarketing lists for search ads: Show ads to your past visitors as they do follow-up searches for what they need on Google, after leaving your website.
- Video remarketing: Show ads to people who have interacted with your videos or YouTube channel as they use YouTube and browse Display Network videos, websites, and apps.
- Email-list remarketing: With Customer Match, upload a list of email addresses that your customers have given you. When those people are signed in to Google Search, YouTube, or Gmail, you can show them ads.