Reaching your audiences on websites
We offer three different ways to reach specific audiences through interest-based advertising:
- Remarketing allows you to show your ads on Display Network sites to people who previously visited your website and tailor your message to their specific interest. Read more about remarketing with Google.
- Interest categories allow you to reach people based on their interests, such as sports or travel, even when they visit a page related to a different subject on the Display Network. Learn more about interest categories.
- Demographic targeting lets you reach people on the Display Network who we think are associated with certain demographic categories, like gender or age range. Read more about demographics.
Say you own an online business that sells sports equipment:
- Remarketing: You can show ads about ski gear to people who’ve already viewed the ski section of your site when they visit other sites that aren't necessarily related to skiing. You could even show these customers a special offer.
- Interest categories: You could also add the "Thrill Seekers" affinity category to your ad group to show your ads to people who we think will be interested in this category, even when they visit sites related to other topics.
- Demographics: If you have a line of ski gear for women only, you could use demographic targeting to show ads about these products just to women.
Google is committed to providing consumers with clear visibility and controls over what interests and demographics are associated with their online experience. Read more about our approach to user privacy.