Reach your audience on apps and websites
Here are different ways you can reach specific audiences with your ads:
- Remarketing allows you to show your ads on Display Network sites and apps to people who previously visited your website or interacted with your business, and tailor your messages specifically for them. Your ads may also reach previous visitors of your mobile website in mobile apps they're using on the same device and across devices. Learn more about remarketing with Google.
- Audience targeting allows you to reach people based on their interests, such as sports or travel, even when they visit a page related to a different subject on the Display Network or YouTube. Learn more about audiences.
- Affinity audiences: Select from these audiences to reach potential customers and make them aware of your business.
- In-market audiences: Select from these audiences to find consumers who are researching and actively considering buying products or services like those you offer.
These audiences are designed for advertisers focused on getting conversions from highly qualified customers. In-market audiences can help drive remarketing performance and reach consumers close to completing a purchase.
- Demographic targeting lets you reach people on the Display Network who are associated with certain demographic categories, like gender or age range. Read more about demographics.
- Customer Match lets you show ads to customers based on data about those customers that you share with Google. Learn more about Customer Match.
Say you own an online business that sells sports equipment:
- Remarketing: You can show ads about ski gear to people who’ve already viewed the ski section of your site when they visit other sites that aren't necessarily related to skiing. You could even show these customers a special offer.
- Affinity audiences: You could also add the "Thrill Seekers" affinity audience to your ad group to show your ads to people who we think may be in this audience, even when they visit sites related to other topics.
- Demographics: If you have a line of ski gear for women only, you could use demographic targeting to show ads about these products just to women.
- Customer Match: You can show ads promoting a post-season sale to customers who have signed up for your newsletter who are also Google users.
Google is committed to providing consumers with clear visibility and controls over what interests and demographics are associated with their Google Account. Read more about our approach to user privacy.