After you’ve created an ad or extension, you can check whether it’s been reviewed or not in the “Status” column.
This article explains how to check that status and what each status means.
To check the status of an ad or extension:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click Ads & extensions from the page menu to see a list of your ads.
- To check an ad or extension status, just look in the “Status” column. If you hover over each status, you’ll see a more detailed explanation of what the status means.
To see more detailed policy information (or to check the status of a paused ad), enable the "Policy details" in the table.
- Visit the Ads & extensions page in your Google Ads account.
- Click the column icon above the statistics table, then click Modify columns.
- In the "Attributes" section, click select the checkbox next to "Policy details."
- Click Apply.
The Policy details column provides information about why a disapproved ad isn't Eligible, or why an "Eligible (limited)" ad is limited to a certain audience.
What each status meansYou’ll see a status both before your ad or extension is eligible and after it’s been reviewed.
Before review, your ad will have one of this status:
- Under review: The ad is still being reviewed and can't show until it's eligible.
After review, your ad can run if it has one of these statuses:
- Eligible: The ad complies with the Google Ads policies, so it can be shown to all audiences.
- Eligible (limited): The ad can run, but not in all situations because of policy restrictions, such as trademark use or gambling-related content.
- Eligible (limited all locations): The ad can’t run in your targeted locations because of policy restrictions and targeting settings. The ad can run, however, to people interested in your targeted locations.
- Serving: The video ad is eligible to appear on YouTube.
After review, your extension can run if it has one of these statuses:
- Approved: The extension complies with the Google Ads policies, so it can be shown to all audiences.
- Approved (limited): The extension can run, but not in all situations because of policy restrictions such as trademark use or gambling-related content.
After review, your ad can't run if it has one these statuses:
- Disapproved: The ad cannot run because its content or its destination violates Google Ads policy.
- Not eligible: Ad is not serving because the campaign is paused, removed, ended, or pending or the ad group is paused, removed, or incomplete.
Not related to ad review, your ad might have another status such as Paused, Ended, and Pending.