If you're a YouTube Partner, and you have an AdSense for YouTube account that's linked to your YouTube channel, you need to apply for an AdSense account if you also want to monetize your own site. However, you do not need to create a new account number, you can just apply to expand your AdSense for YouTube account to an AdSense account under the same payee name, assuming that you meet the criteria to be able to show ads on your own sites. Note that AdSense policies only allow one AdSense account per publisher.
- Go to https://adsense.google.com/start/.
- Click Get started.
- Sign in with the Google Account that's associated with your AdSense for YouTube account.
- Click Continue.
- Enter the URL of the site that you want to show ads on. Learn more about how to enter your URL.
If you want to add your site later, leave this field empty and select I don't have a site yet.
- Choose whether you'd like AdSense to send you customized help and performance suggestions.
We recommend that you choose Yes so we can help you get more out of AdSense. You can change your contact settings later.
- Click Start using AdSense.
- Complete the following tasks to upgrade your account. You can complete these tasks in any order.
Upon completion, we review your payments information to make sure it's correct and your entire site to check it complies with the AdSense Program policies. We email you when your account is fully activated. This usually takes a few days, but in some cases it can take 2-4 weeks. You can then set up ads on your site and start earning money. If you've already turned on Auto ads, ads will start to show on your site.