For some publishers the activation process can take a few days, and for others it can take 2-4 weeks. Note that some parts of the process require actions on your end, and we can only activate your account after you complete them.
Important points to help get your account activated:
- Copy the code exactly as it appears on your AdSense homepage.
- Place the code on the URL that you provided when you created your AdSense account.
- Make sure that you place the code on a page that has content and receives regular visitors.
We've found that in most cases when a publisher waits a long time to be activated, it's because they haven't placed the code on a page that gets regular views.
The AdSense account activation process
- After you create your AdSense account, you're signed in to AdSense for the first time. Before you can set up ads on your site though, you need to activate your account by completing the following tasks:
- Next, we automatically review your entire site (not just the URL that you provided when you created your AdSense account) to check it complies with our Program policies and set up the rest of your account. It typically takes our specialists less than a day to complete the review but sometimes it can take longer. When we've completed the review, we'll send you an email with details on your activation status.
- When your AdSense account is fully activated, you're ready to set up ads on your site and start earning money. Learn how to set up ads on your site.
If you've signed up for AdSense to monetize through AdMob, YouTube or another AdSense product
Note that if you don’t plan on using AdSense for content, you'll already be able to see ads and you don’t need to complete the review process as described above.