Activating your AdSense account
Activate your AdSense account
After you create your AdSense account, you need to activate it so that you can shows ads on your site and earn money.
Your AdSense homepage has a list of tasks to complete before we can activate your account:
- Connect your site to AdSense
- Enter your payment address details
- Verify your phone number (Not required in all countries.)
After you complete each task, click Done or Submit.
Upon completion, we review your entire site to check that it complies with the AdSense programme policies and email you when your account is fully activated. This usually takes a few days, but in some cases can take up to 2 weeks.Then you can set up ads on your site and start earning money.
- Your site must be live and contain enough content for our specialists to evaluate. If your site is under construction, doesn't load or is difficult to navigate, we can't activate your account.
- Make sure that you provided the correct URL when you created your AdSense account.
- Review your site to make sure that it complies with our policies.
Connecting your site
- Copy the code exactly as it appears on your AdSense homepage.
- On the site that you used to create your AdSense account, paste the code between the
</head>tags of a page that has content and regular traffic.
- Enter your full name exactly as it appears on your banking information.
- Provide the full postal address of your bank account, including the zip code, so that you can get paid.
- Provide a valid phone number.
If we can't activate your account
If we can't activate your account, we'll send an email to explain why and what steps that you can take to address the issues. Learn more about what to do if AdSense can't activate your account.