After you create your AdSense account, you need to activate it so you can show ads on your site and earn money.
Account activation process
Your AdSense homepage has a list of tasks to complete before we can activate your account. You can complete these tasks in any order.
- Enter your payments information
- (Optional) See how ads look on your site
- Connect your site to AdSense
Upon completion, we review your payments information to make sure it's correct and your entire site to check it complies with the AdSense Program policies. We email you when your account is fully activated. This usually takes a few days, but in some cases it can take 2-4 weeks. You can then set up ads on your site and start earning money. If you've already turned on Auto ads, ads will start to show on your site.
Account activation tips
- Enter your full name exactly as it appears on your banking information.
- Provide the full postal address of your bank account, including the zip code, so you can get paid.
- Provide a valid phone number.
- Consider turning on Auto ads so that ads will appear on your site as soon as your account is activated.
- Your site must be live and contain enough content for our specialists to evaluate. If your site is under construction, doesn't load, or is difficult to navigate, we can't activate your account.
- Make sure you provided the correct URL when you created your AdSense account.
- Review your site to make sure it complies with our Program policies.
- Copy the code exactly as it appears on your AdSense homepage.
- Paste the code between the
</head>tags of a page that contains content and gets regular traffic.
If we can't activate your account
If we can't activate your account, we'll send an email to explain why and what steps you can take to address the issues. Learn more about what to do if AdSense can't activate your account.