Activating your AdSense account
Activate your AdSense account
After you create your AdSense account, you need to activate it so you can shows ads on your site and earn money.
Your AdSense homepage has a list of tasks to complete before we can activate your account:
- Connect your site to AdSense
- Enter your payment address details
- Verify your phone number (Not required in all countries.)
After you complete each task, click Done or Submit.
Upon completion, we review your entire site to check it complies with the AdSense Program policies and email you when your account is fully activated. This process usually takes less than a day but can take longer. Then you can set up ads on your site and start earning money.
- Your site must be live and contain enough content for our specialists to evaluate. If your site is under construction, doesn't load, or is difficult to navigate, we can't activate your account.
- Make sure you provided the correct URL when you created your AdSense account.
- Review your site to make sure it complies with our policies.
Connecting your site
- Copy the code exactly as it appears on your AdSense homepage.
- On the site you used to create your AdSense account, paste the code between the
</head>tags of a page that has content and regular traffic.
- Enter your full name exactly as it appears on your banking information.
- Provide the full postal address of your bank account, including the zip code, so you can get paid.
- Provide a valid phone number.
If we can't activate your account
If we can't activate your account, we'll send an email to explain why and what steps you can take to address the issues. Learn more about what to do if AdSense can't activate your account.