Activating your AdSense account
Activate your AdSense account
After you create your AdSense account, the next step is get your account activated. You need to do this before you can set up ads on your site and start earning money.
On your AdSense homepage you'll see a list of tasks to complete before we can activate your AdSense account. After you complete each task, be sure to let us know by clicking either Done or Submit in the card.
To activate your AdSense account, complete the following tasks:
- Connect your site to AdSense
- Provide your payment address
- Verify your phone number (Note that this task is not required in all countries.)
After you've successfully completed these tasks, we'll review your site to make sure it meets our policies and finalize the setup of your account. This usually takes less than a day but sometimes it can take longer. We'll let you know when your account is fully activated. Then you can start earning money by placing ads on your site.
Tips to help you get your account activated
To help you get your account activated as soon as possible, we recommend you check out the following tips:
- Your site must be live and contain enough textual content for our specialists to evaluate it. If your site is under construction, doesn't load, or is difficult to navigate, we won't be able to activate your account.
- Check that the URL you provided when you created your AdSense account is correct.
- Review your site to make sure it complies with the AdSense program policies.
Connecting your site
- Copy the code exactly as it appears in the card on your AdSense homepage.
- Paste the code into the HTML of the site you provided when you created your AdSense account, between the
- Make sure that you place the code on a page that has content and receives regular visitors.
Payment address and verifying your phone number
- Enter your full name exactly as it appears on your banking information.
- Make sure you provide the full postal address associated with your bank account including the zip code, so that you can get paid.
- Make sure that you provide a valid phone number.
If we can't proceed with activating your AdSense account
There are some situations when we won't be able to activate your AdSense account. If your account is not activated, you'll receive an email explaining the reason(s) why. Depending on what issues you need to fix, you might be able to activate your account after you fix them. For more information, see What do to if AdSense can't activate your account.