Link your AdMob app(s) to Firebase so that you can use your linked Google Analytics account data in AdMob. To use your Google Analytics or Google Analytics for Firebase data in AdMob, your Firebase project must be linked to your Google Analytics or Google Analytics for Firebase account.
Tip: Learn more about the benefits of using Firebase and Google Analytics.
By linking AdMob to Firebase, your Google Analytics for Firebase data will be available to AdMob independent of your Google Analytics for Firebase Data Sharing Settings. This allows your Analytics data to flow to AdMob to enhance product features and improve app monetization.
How to link Firebase to your AdMob account
- Complete the steps below to link your apps to Firebase.
- Sign in to your AdMob account at https://apps.admob.com.
- Click Settings in the sidebar.
- Click the Linked services tab.
- Ensure that you’ve turned on user metrics for this app. To turn on, click the toggle in the user metrics column. Learn more about user metrics for your apps.
Note: You won’t be able to link to Firebase until user metrics is enabled. If you recently enabled user metrics, it may take up to 48 hours to update before you can link to Firebase.
- Click in the row of the app you want to link to Firebase.
- Click the toggle to turn on Firebase linking.
- Select a linking option:
Link to an existing Firebase app and projectUse this option if you have an existing Firebase app that you want to link to your AdMob app.
- Then, click Link app.
Create a new app in an existing Firebase projectUse this option if you already have a Firebase project but don't have a Firebase app that you want to link to your AdMob app. Firebase will automatically create a Firebase app that's modeled after your AdMob app.Note: Adding a new app to an existing Firebase project will remove any historical user metrics data for the app. We recommend keeping all versions of an app (iOS and Android) in a single Firebase project. If you want to keep the app's historical data, however, consider creating a new project instead. Learn more about the best practices for using Firebase.
- Then, click Create app and link.
Create a new Firebase app and projectUse this option if you need both a Firebase project and a Firebase app. After you create a new Firebase project, Firebase will automatically create a Firebase app that's modeled after your AdMob app.
- Click Go to Firebase.
Visit the Firebase documentation to learn how to take advantage of more features available through Google Analytics and Firebase, like logging custom events in your app, custom conversions, and growing your app with other Firebase products.
Permission required for linking
In order to link an AdMob app to Firebase, you must have the following permissions for AdMob, Firebase, and Google Analytics:
- For multi-user AdMob accounts, you must be the user who initiated the first link to Firebase and accepted the Firebase Terms of Service. The user who created the first Firebase link is the only user who can create new links between AdMob and Firebase apps.
- In Firebase, you must have the
firebase.links.createpermission. This permission is included in the owner role and the Firebase admin role. If you don't have either of these roles, you can ask a project owner to assign one of these roles to your account via the Firebase console IAM settings.
- In Google Analytics, you must have the Edit role or Manage Users role for the property associated with the Firebase project. Learn more about access and data-restriction management.
If you’ve received an error while trying to link your AdMob app to Firebase, review the most common causes of linking errors.