Data sharing settings
Manage data sharing
To manage Analytics data sharing:
- Sign in to Firebase and select a project.
- Click and select Project Settings.
- On the Project Settings page, click Analytics.
You can share Analytics data for all the apps within your project, or manage how Analytics data is shared per app.
- Select Share Analytics data for all your apps within your project to enhance all Firebase features and Google products (this is your default setting) to enable all sharing features for all your apps and the benefits of sharing with Google.
- Alternatively, you can Manage how Analytics data is shared per app. Your project must include at least one app in order to share on a per app basis.
Per-app data sharing
For each app in the project, you can enable all sharing or selectively enable specific kinds of sharing, as described in Data sharing features.
Data sharing featuresYou can selectively enable data sharing with specific Firebase features. When you enable data sharing with a specific feature, it makes your Analytics data available for use in the feature, providing additional functionality. The following features support Analytics data sharing.
- Auth: Sharing with Auth allows you to see authorization events and use them to better understand the relative performance of Google sign-in versus other sign-in methods.
- Cloud Functions: Sharing with Cloud Functions allows functions to handle and react to events that involve Analytics data.
- Crash Reporting and Crashlytics: Sharing with Crash Reporting and Crashlytics can help you better understand crashes that affect your app's users.
- Notifications: Sharing with Notifications lets you target Audiences created using your Analytics data and to see the notification funnel. If you disable Notifications data sharing, you cannot send notification messages to Analytics audiences within Firebase Notifications.
- Remote Config: Sharing with Remote Config can enhance A/B testing and let experiment results surface. If you disable Remote Config data sharing, you cannot target Analytics audiences within Remote Config.
- Predictions: To use Predictions, you must share Analytics data. With Predictions, you can use machine learning to dynamically generate groups of users who are likely to trigger the Analytics events you specify.
Select the checkbox to enable sharing with additional features, services, and products as they become available. This lets future integrations be available automatically. You can disable specific kinds of sharing at any time.
Benefits of data sharing
Google products and services
Google can access and analyze data to better understand mobile behavior and trends, and use this this data to improve Google products and services. This data can be used to improve AdWords or AdMob, so developers get better tools to create, manage, target, and analyze your ad campaigns. Depending on your sharing setting for future integrations, Google can pre-process your Google Analytics for Firebase data for reasonable amounts of time in order to make new features that might require historical data available to you on day one.
Aggregated and anonymous data can be used to help create features and publications that can give you a better understanding of what’s happening across your entire industry. Because this data is aggregated and made anonymous, it cannot be used to identify your account, organization, or users. Benchmarking data lets you know where you stand in your industry and contributes to research analyses that uncover important market trends, like year-over-year increase in mobile traffic.
Google support representatives sometimes need to access your account to provide service and resolution to technical issues. Google support can access your account to troubleshoot and help you find solutions if you report an issue in your account.
Google sales and marketing specialists are trained to find ways to improve your experience with Google products. These specialists will be able to look at and assess the efficacy of different implementation strategies and account configurations.
Note: When data is shared with other products and features, usage of that data is governed by the terms of service of the receiving product.