Manage data sharing
To manage Google Analytics for Firebase data sharing:
- Sign in to Firebase and select a project.
- Click and select Project Settings.
- On the Project Settings page, click Data privacy.
- See the options available under Google Analytics data sharing.
When you share Analytics data, you share it for all the apps in your project.
Turn on the switch for Share Analytics data with all Firebase features, including A/B Testing, Remote Config, and Notifications (this is your default setting) to enable all current options to share data with Firebase features.
You can also control how Analytics data is shared with other Google products. Click the Analytics Settings link to manage those options. (See Sharing Analytics data with Google below for more information about each option.)
Sharing Analytics data with Google
Data Sharing enables Google Analytics to offer best-in-class Insights and spam-detection services, as well as provide you with advanced features like Enhanced Demographics reporting.
Google products and services
Google can access and analyze data to better understand mobile behavior and trends, and use this this data to improve Google products and services. This data can be used to improve Google Ads or AdMob, so developers get better tools to create, manage, target, and analyze your ad campaigns. Depending on your sharing setting for future integrations, Google can pre-process your Google Analytics for Firebase data for reasonable amounts of time in order to make new features that might require historical data available to you on day one.
Aggregated and anonymous data can be used to help create features and publications that can give you a better understanding of what’s happening across your entire industry. Because this data is aggregated and made anonymous, it cannot be used to identify your account, organization, or users. Benchmarking data lets you know where you stand in your industry and contributes to research analyses that uncover important market trends, like year-over-year increase in mobile traffic.
Google support representatives sometimes need to access your account to provide service and resolution to technical issues. Google support can access your account to troubleshoot and help you find solutions if you report an issue in your account.
Google sales and marketing specialists are trained to find ways to improve your experience with Google products. These specialists will be able to look at and assess the efficacy of different implementation strategies and account configurations.
Note: When data is shared with other products and features, usage of that data is governed by the terms of service of the receiving product.
Sharing Analytics data with Firebase features
- Auth: Sharing with Auth allows you to see authorization events and use them to better understand the relative performance of Google sign-in versus other sign-in methods.
- Cloud Functions: Sharing with Cloud Functions allows functions to handle and react to events that involve Analytics data.
- Crash Reporting and Crashlytics: Sharing with Crash Reporting and Crashlytics can help you better understand crashes that affect your app's users.
- Notifications: Sharing with Notifications lets you target Audiences created using your Analytics data and to see the notification funnel. If you disable Notifications data sharing, you cannot send notification messages to Analytics audiences within Firebase Notifications.
- Remote Config: Sharing with Remote Config can enhance A/B testing and let experiment results surface. If you disable Remote Config data sharing, you cannot target Analytics audiences within Remote Config.