Using the blocking controls built into AdMob, there are several options for reviewing and controlling the ads that appear in your apps. Blocking controls may be applied to a single app or to your entire account.
To find the blocking controls in AdMob:
- App-level blocking controls: Click Apps and select the name of your app from the list. Click Blocking controls under your app's name in the sidebar.
- Account-level blocking controls: Click Blocking controls near the bottom of the sidebar in the AdMob user interface.
The following options are available for ad blocking:
- General categories: You can block ads from general categories such as Apparel, Internet, Real Estate, and Vehicles.
- Sensitive ad categories: You can block ads from categories related to sensitive topics such as Religion, Politics, and References to Sex and Sexuality. Sensitive category blocking is available for ads in a limited set of languages, regardless of the language of the app.
- App promotion ads: You can block app promotion ads (also known as "click-to-download" ads) that advertise specific applications by blocking the application ID.
- Advertiser URLs: You can block ads from specific advertiser URLs. For example, you might not want to show your competitions' ads on your apps.
- Ad networks: You can block ads from specific ad networks. (App-level blocking controls only)
- Ad review center: Enable the Ad review center to review individual ads -- both before and after they are shown -- and assess whether you want to continue showing them in your apps. (App-level blocking controls only)