Check availability of audience segments
This feature might not be enabled in your network.
As with ad units and custom criteria, you’ll need to wait at least 28 days before running a forecast on new audience segments, even if they are pre-populated. In addition, forecasting for audience segments is limited to 1,000 segments per identifier (cookie, mobile advertising ID (AdID or IDFA), or PPID). This means that if an identifier appears in more than 1,000 segments, impressions attributable to that identifier are not included in forecasts for the additional segments.
You can check whether or not there's enough available inventory for your audience segment by following the same steps you would when checking inventory for a line item and making sure that you select the segments you're forecasting on. Here's how:
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Delivery Orders Check inventory.
- Enter your inventory sizes.
- Select the delivery type.
- Enter your flight dates.
- (Optional) Select Max available if you don’t have a specific impression or click goal in mind for the prospective line item.
You might select "Max available" if, for example, an advertiser asks you how many impressions are available for a campaign it’s contemplating booking with you. You could then view the competing line items screen to gauge how running the campaign at the max number would affect booked inventory, and vice versa.
- (Optional) Select Goal and enter the number of impressions or clicks you want
You might select "Goal" if, for example, an advertiser asks you if there are 1,000,000 available impressions available for a campaign it’s contemplating booking with you. You could then view the competing line items screen to gauge how running the campaign for 1,000,000 impressions would affect booked inventory, and vice versa.
- In the "Add targeting" section, click Inventory and select the ad units to which you want the segments to deliver. If you don't select any ad units, then the segments will be run-of-network.
- Click Key-values and audience segments.
- In the "-- select key --" drop-down list, select Audience segment to select the audience segments for which you are running the forecast. You can also optionally select custom key-values.
- Click Check inventory.
- Click View competing line items to gauge the effect that booking the prospective line item would have on booked line items, and vice versa.
Audience segment data in Audience Explorer is not currently being updated, and the feature will soon be deprecated. Instead, use forecasting to estimate how many users your third-party lists are targeting.
- For 30-day impressions and 30-day clicks: Check inventory for the segment using a flight date of 30 days.
The segment must capture data for at least 7 days to be used effectively in forecasting. Segments are most accurate when they are older than 30 days.
- For 15-day active users: Check inventory for the segment using a flight date of 14 days. Set per-user frequency capping on the line item to 1 impression per 15 days, so that the number of reported impressions equals the number of users.