Sometimes people prefer Adobe PDF files because they’re easy to print, download, and open in existing programs.
If you’re working in Google Docs or Google Sheets, there’s no need to convert your files to PDFs every time you want to share them.
Instead, send a link to a PDF version of your file.
Share your document
Copy, paste, and send the PDF link
- In Drive, select your document.
- Click Share .
- Click Copy link and click Done.
- After you paste the link, change the end of the URL before sending it. For example:
- Before: http://docs.google.com/document/d/12345678/edit?usp=sharing
- After: http://docs.google.com/document/d/12345678/export?format=pdf
- Send the modified PDF link.
When you click the link, you (or anyone else) can download a PDF copy of your document.
Note: If your shared document is large, it may take a little time to download.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.