You can choose whether to get mobile, web, or email notifications from Google Drive.
You can choose to be notified if:
- Someone shares a new file or folder with you
- You’re mentioned in a comment or action item
- Someone requests access to a file you own
Change notification settings
If you use Google Drive on more than one computer, you‘ll need to change these settings on each computer.
- Go to drive.google.com.
- In the top right, click Settings Settings.
- In the left panel, click Notifications.
- Next to the settings you want to change, check or uncheck the box.
What else you need to know
- Browser notifications are only available if you use Google Chrome.
- If you use Google Drive with Slack or as a Hangouts Chat bot, you can turn on or off notifications at drive.google.com.
Learn more about notifications specific to Google Sheets.