Troubleshoot data import issues
Here's how to troubleshoot problems you might have when using G Suite Sync for Microsoft® Outlook® (GSSMO) to import data to your Google Account.
Try the Log Analyzer
Importing and migrating issuesSome or all data not importing from old account
- Check that you're connected to the Internet for the duration of the migration and not experiencing network connectivity issues.
- Don't import from an .OST file. GSSMO supports importing only from a .PST file or directly from your Exchange account. Learn more
- Import directly from GSSMO and don’t drag files from IMAP folders. This method isn't supported by GSSMO and can cause import issues. If you didn’t import directly from GSSMO, recreate your profile and try to import the data again.
If you import contact or calendar data multiple times into the same G Suite account, you get duplicates. You can manually remove them from your G Suite interface (not Outlook). Or, you can follow these steps to reimport that data:
GSSMO trace files:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows Vista–C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Local\Google\Google Apps Sync\Tracing\
- Windows XP–C:\Documents and Settings\your-user-name\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Google Apps Sync\Tracing\
Unified single sign-on trace files:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows Vista–C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Local\Google\Identity
- Windows XP–C:\Documents and Settings\your-user-name\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Identity
You can find details about the failure in Outlook's Sync Issues/Local Failures folder. If you get this error, the rest of your data will still continue importing.
GSSMO doesn't migrate certain message classes, including read receipts and delivery reports. Learn more.
Are there known data migration issues?
To find out, see Known Issues and look under Data migration and Device syncing.