You can import your old Outlook data to your Google Account with Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GWSMO) at any time. You can import from:
- An existing Outlook profile
- A Microsoft Exchange profile (if you're using Exchange)
- A PST file containing data exported from Outlook
- In the Start menu, click Google Workspace SyncImport data to Google Workspace Sync.
If you receive an error message, you need to install a separate tool to import data. For details, go to Why can't I view the import options?
- If prompted, sign in to your Google Account.
- For Choose profile to import to Google Workspace Sync, select an option:
- An existing Outlook profile (default).
- If your Exchange profile is listed, select the profile name to import directly from Exchange.
- If you exported your data from Outlook to a PST file, select From a PST file and browse to the file on your computer.
- Check the boxes to specify what type of data to import.
- Choose the type of sync:
- Import only data that has not been imported previously—Select this option to resume a migration that didn't fully complete (for example, if you had to turn off your computer), or to import data that arrived after your first import.
- Import all data (may cause duplicates)—Select this option for your first import. Or, if you've deleted all previously imported data from this account and want to import all your data again.
If you already have data in your Google Account, this option might duplicate contacts, tasks, and notes. It will also overwrite your existing calendar data. Emails are duplicated if you select Import all data and you migrate the same emails from different profiles or PSTs.
- Click Next.
- For Choose destination Google Workspace Sync Profile, select a Google Workspace profile.
- Click OK.
You're now ready to use your new Google Account and all the Google Workspace tools—from Outlook or the Google Workspace web interface. For tips, go to Get started with GWSMO.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.