You can import your old Outlook data to your Google Account with Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GWSMO) at any time. GWSMO supports the following source environments:
- an existing Outlook profile
- a Microsoft Exchange profile (if you're using Exchange)
- a PST file containing data exported from Outlook
- In the Start menu, click Google Workspace SyncImport data to Google Workspace Sync.
If you receive an error message, you need to install a separate tool to import data. For details, go to Turn on import options.
- If prompted, sign in to your Google Account. For details, go to Sign in to your Google Account.
- In the Choose profile to import to Google Workspace Sync box, select an option:
- An existing Outlook profile (default).
- If your Exchange profile is listed, select the profile name to import directly from Exchange.
- If you exported your data from Outlook to a PST file, select From a PST file. Browse to the file on your computer.
- Check the boxes to specify what type of data to import. For details, go to What's synchronized between Outlook and Google Workspace?
- Choose the type of sync to perform:
- Import only data that has not been imported previously—Select this option to resume a migration that didn't fully complete (for example, if you had to turn off your computer), or to import data that arrived after your first import.
- Import all data (may cause duplicates)—Select this option for your first import. Or, if you've deleted all previously imported data from this account and want to import all your data again.
If you already have data in your Google Account, this option might duplicate contacts, tasks, and notes. It will also overwrite your existing calendar data. Emails are duplicated if you select Import all data and you migrate the same emails from different profiles or PSTs.
- Click Next.
- In the Choose destination Google Workspace Sync Profile box, select a Google Workspace profile.
- Click OK to begin your import.
Learn more about what to expect when you import data.
Next: You're now ready to use your new Google Account and all the Google Workspace tools—from Outlook or the Google Workspace web interface. For tips on what to do next, go to Get started with Google Workspace for Outlook.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.