Download, sign in, and import
Import data (Optional)
Using G Suite Sync for Microsoft® Outlook® (GSSMO) you can import data from your existing Outlook profile to your Google Account. You can import data directly from a Microsoft Exchange profile (if you're using Exchange). Or, you can export data from Outlook to a PST file and then import the file.
I'm not ready to import data now
I have already imported data
If you've already imported data into your Google Account, don't re-import the same data. You may end up with duplicate calendar events, contacts, or notes. Go to Start using Outlook.
I'm ready to import data now
- Check the Import data from an existing profile box. Then, choose an option:
- If your Exchange profile is listed, select the profile name to import directly from the profile.
- If you've exported your data from Outlook to a PST file, choose From a PST file. Browse to the file on your computer.
Note: If the options are grayed out, you need to install a separate tool to import data. See Enable import options.
- Check the boxes to specify what type of data to import. For details, see What's synchronized between Outlook and G Suite.
- (Optional) To send crash reports to Google, check the Send crash reports and usage statistics box.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Check the Turn AutoArchive off box to keep a copy of all your archived messages.
Now, your archived messages will go to a new Archived folder that is synched with your Google Account.
- Click Create Profile.
Contacts are imported first, followed by calendar data, and then email. Contacts and calendar events are imported directly into Outlook and synchronize with your Google Account on the web when you start Outlook. Your email imports directly to Gmail and is immediately available on the web, even before you start Outlook.
Depending on how much mail and other data you have, it might take several hours to complete the import process. You can start Outlook and work in your Google Account (G Suite profile) before the import process is finished if you want.
To temporarily pause an import, click Pause Migration. Click Resume Migration to continue importing from where you left off.
If your import is deliberately interrupted (if you click Cancel or you shut down your computer, for example) you can simply rerun the import process. To avoid importing duplicate data, select Import only data that has not been imported previously. For details, see Import later.
If the import is accidentally interrupted by a lost Internet connection, the import will resume when the connection is restored. If not, you should start a new import. To avoid importing duplicate data, select Import only data that has not been imported previously. For details, see Import later.
To see the status of the import process, such as any errors that might have occurred, click Migration log file. This opens a log file for the current process.
You can find log files for all your imports in: C:\Documents and Settings\your-user-name\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Google Apps Migration\Tracing\.