After you sign up for Google Chat, your organization is ready to communicate with text and rich media in groups or 1:1, and in rooms with multiple conversations. Here's how to get started.
Before you begin
Recommended setup steps
- Turn Google Chat on or off
- Choose a chat service for your organization
- Turn chat history on or off
- Automatically accept chat invitations
- Control external users
- Allow users to install bots
- Announce Chat to your users
- Train your Chat users
About smart features and personalization
You or your users decide whether smart features in Gmail, Chat, and Meet, and personalization features in other Google products, can use data from Gmail, Chat, and Meet. You can configure these settings for users, and users can always choose their own settings. Learn more about Smart features and personalization.