As an administrator, you can control whether to keep chat history for users in your organization. You can set the default and also let users change their history setting for each conversation.
The chat history settings for Google Chat and classic Hangouts are combined in the Google Admin console. There's now one setting to control chat history for your organization. Learn more
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsGoogle WorkspaceGoogle Chat and classic Hangouts.
- Click Chat History.
- Under Organizational Units, select the domain or organizational unit you want to apply settings to.
- Turn history Off or On.
- To let users change their history setting, click the Allow users to change their history setting box.
Note: If you don’t allow users to change their history setting, there may be times users can’t join or stay in a room. To learn more, visit Set default room history.
- Click Save.
- History settings apply to direct messages, group messages, and unthreaded rooms. History is always on in rooms with threaded conversations.
- If history is off, messages are deleted after 24 hours.
- If history is forced on, people in different data regions can’t chat. If you allow users to change their history setting, history will automatically be turned off when people from different data regions chat.
- Vault can't hold, retain, or search direct messages that are sent with history turned off. Check with a Vault admin to confirm that these history settings comply with your organization's data retention obligations.
- Data is not reported in the Audit report (Reports > Audit > Hangouts Chat) for direct messages sent with history off.
- History changes apply to new messages. For example, If you turn chat history on, only new messages will be saved. If you turn chat history off, old messages that were previously saved are still saved.