Find answers to common questions about integrating non-Google video meeting systems with Google Meet.
Yes. People in your organization can join Google Meet video meetings from:
- Cisco Webex devices
- Other standards-based (SIP/H.323) third-party video conferencing systems via a Pexip gateway, including:
- Microsoft Skype for Business and Surface Hub
- View all supported devices
Yes, People in your organization can join Cisco Webex calls from Google Meet hardware devices using built-in interoperability. This feature is on by default. Administrators can turn this feature off by disabling it in the Admin console.
You cannot join Webex meetings from the Meet web or mobile clients.
Meet hardware devices can join Webex calls at no additional cost. This feature is turned on by default. For details, see Allow Meet hardware to join 3rd party video conferencing services.
To use Meet with other third-party systems, you need the Pexip Infinity gateway, which can be run on premise or as a cloud service. Learn how to Set up interoperability.
The ability to turn on Meet interoperability is included with all paid Google Workspace licenses at no extra cost.
For Pexip-based systems, you must still purchase a license from Pexip or a Pexip partner.
For pricing information, email Pexip at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get started, contact your Google Account manager.
You can also contact Pexip directly at email@example.com.
If a Google Calendar user in your organization owns an event that includes Webex meeting details, they can add the room that is associated with a Google Meet hardware device. The Webex meeting will appear on the room’s agenda.
If the event with Webex meeting details originated outside of your organization or from a client other than Google Calendar:
- Duplicate the event in Google Calendar.
- Add the room with Google Meet hardware to the duplicated event.
- You may want to remove all participants from the duplicated event so they do not get multiple invitations.
To join a meeting that hasn’t been added to the room’s calendar:
- Tap Find a meeting on your device’s touch controller.
- Select Cisco Webex from the dropdown at the top right.
- Enter the Cisco Webex meeting code and tap Join.
- Enter the meeting password if prompted.
When Meet interoperability is turned on for an organization, calendar events and invites automatically include joining instructions based on how Meet interoperability is configured.
- If long meeting IDs are used, participants can join with either a single touch or by entering a meeting code from the calendar event or invite.
- If only short meeting IDs are used, participants join by manually entering a code that they retrieve using a link in the calendar event or invite.
Learn how to join meetings from third-party systems.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.