You can present your entire screen or a specific window in a meeting to share documents, presentations, spreadsheets, and more.
Want to give more interactive and engaging presentations? Check out these 10 Google Workspace tips for great presentations.
Note: Allow notifications when prompted. The notifications tell you when your screen is visible.
What you can present:
Share and present during a video meeting
Present during a meeting
- Join a video meeting.
- In the bottom-right corner, select Present now.
- Select Your entire screen, A window, or Chrome tab.
- If you present a Chrome tab, it shares that tab's audio by default.
- To present a different tab, select the tab you want to present, click Share this tab instead.
- Select Share.
If your camera is turned on, your video is active while you're presenting.
- In the Meet window, click Stop Presenting.
- In the bottom-right corner, you can also click You are presenting Stop presenting.
Present if someone else is already presenting
- In the bottom-right corner, click Present now.
- Select Your entire screen, A window, or Chrome Tab.
- Select Present instead.
Tip: You can present your screen during someone else's presentation. If you start to present, their presentation will pause.
Join only to present
When you join to present, only your computer's window or application is displayed in the meeting. No audio or other video is sent or received.
- Go to https://meet.google.com/.
- Select the scheduled meeting, or click Join or start a Meeting.
- Enter a meeting code.
- Click Present.
- Select a window or application.
- Select Share.
Prevent participants from sharing their screen
Important: Preventing call participants from sharing their screen is currently only available for G Suite for Education users. You can only enable this setting on a computer but it applies to all device types.
Meeting organizers can stop participants from sharing their screen. You’ll need to update this setting for every new call, even if it is a recurring event.
- Join a Meet video call.
- At the bottom, click Host controls .
- Turn off Share their screen.
Tip: If you can't turn the setting on or off, you might need to turn off a Chrome extension for Meet. Learn how to install and manage extensions.