Turn recording on or off for Meet
This feature is available with the G Suite Enterprise and G Suite Enterprise for Education editions. Compare editions
As a G Suite administrator, you can allow meeting organizers and participants in the same organization to record video meetings.
Turn recording on or off
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsG SuiteGoogle Hangouts.
- Click Meet settings.
- On the left, select the organizational unit or groupyou want to manage. For all users, select the top-level organizational unit.
- Click Recording and check or uncheck the Let people record their meetings box.
- Apply the settings:
- If the setting is for the top-level organizational unit, click Save.
- If the setting is for a child organizational unit and is different than the parent, click Override.
- If the setting is for a group, click Save. If you have multiple groups, choose which group has priority in determining a user's setting. Learn more.
Changes typically take effect in minutes, but can take up to 24 hours. For details, see How changes propagate to Google services.