Supported editions for this feature: Business Standard and Plus; Enterprise; Education* and Enterprise for Education; Essentials. Compare your edition
* Education edition customers can continue recording meetings until temporary recordings become available later in 2020. Temporary recordings will let Education customers record a meeting and share the recording within their organization for up to 30 days before the recording expires.
As an administrator, you can allow meeting organizers and participants in the same organization to record video meetings.
Because recordings are stored in Drive, you need to make sure that Drive is turned on for your users. For details, go to Turn Drive on or off for users.
Before you begin: To apply the setting for certain users: Put their accounts in an organizational unit (to set by department) or put them in a configuration group (to set for users across or within departments).
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsGoogle WorkspaceGoogle Meet.
- Click Meet video settings.
- To apply the setting to everyone, leave the top organizational unit selected. Otherwise, select a child organizational unit or a configuration group.
- Click Recording and check or uncheck the Let people record their meetings box.
- Click Save. If you configured an organizational unit or group, you might be able to Inherit or Override a parent organizational unit, or Unset a group.
Changes typically take effect in minutes, but can take up to 24 hours. For details, go to How changes propagate to Google services.
Changes typically take effect in minutes, but can take up to 24 hours. For details, see How changes propagate to Google services.