Supported editions for this feature: Business Starter, Standard and Plus; Enterprise; Education Fundamentals, Standard, Teaching and Learning Upgrade, and Plus; G Suite Basic and Business; Essentials; Cloud Identity Free and Premium. Compare your edition
By default, your organization has basic mobile management turned on. This feature provides the fundamental tools you need to let people in your organization access their work accounts from mobile devices while keeping your organization's data more secure.
Android devices, iPhones, and iPads are supported. For details, see Device requirements for Google endpoint management.
If basic management doesn't meet your organization's security needs, advanced mobile management includes more security options and management tools, including app management and device audits. Learn more
Customize basic mobile management
- Customize password requirements for managed mobile devices.
- Set up managed apps for Android devices.
What else you can do
- Wipe a user's account from a mobile device if the device is lost or stolen.
Note: If you change the management level for an Android device from advanced to basic, you might only be able to wipe the device, not the user’s account. Learn more
- Set up mobile device activity alerts.
- Periodically review the mobile devices that access your organization's data.
Turn on basic mobile management
If you previously turned off mobile management, turn it on again. Tell users you will manage the mobile devices they use for work. Let them know your password requirements. If you're switching from advanced to basic mobile management, see Downgrade device management from advanced to basic.
Before you begin: To apply the setting for certain users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
From the Admin console Home page, go to Devices.
- At the left, click SettingsUniversal settings.
- Click GeneralMobile management.
- To apply the setting to everyone, leave the top organizational unit selected. Otherwise, select a child organizational unit.
- Select Basic.
- Click Save. If you configured a child organizational unit, you might be able to Inherit or Override a parent organizational unit's settings.
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.